Substitute Food Service Worker Cashier
- Substitute Food Service Worker Cashier JobID: 1968
- Position Type:
Food Services/Food Service Worker
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Is able to work with short notice and available by phone contact.
- Friendly and respectful to students and staff.
- Must have ability to read and write simple instructions.
- Must have mathematical ability to work with monies and operate cash register and related business machines with accuracy.
- Must comply with rules and regulations of the State of Arizona, Governing Board and OSHA requirements.
- Must have or be able to obtain within thirty days of employment start date a County License for food handlers (renewed every 3 years).
- Must follow appropriate dress code to meet health standards.
- Must be in good health and have ability to lift up to 30 pounds, stoop, bend, stand and reach.
- Available to work with short notice.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Assists in the preparation of food.
- Prepares meals from standardized recipes including cold and cooked salads, gelatins, salad dressings, and beverages.
- Sets up and replenishes serving lines.
- Serves students and faculty.
- Maintains the trash collection area in a neat and sanitary fashion.
- Washes equipment, pots, pans, and serving utensils.
- Operates various kitchen machines when necessary.
- Removes used dishes and assists in the cleaning of counters, tables, and furnishings in the dining area.
- Performs similar duties for special meal occasions and catering, as needed.
- Complies with Health and Safety Rules & Regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Operates cash register.
- Assists in counting and preparing monies and necessary paperwork for daily deposit.
- Orders food service supplies, as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1 of 1
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Food Service Worker/Cashier Substitute
(Base Hourly Rate)
I. General Description:
This position performs general food preparation and food service sanitation according to the Arizona State health code regulations, fulfilling the dietary needs of students and faculty with adequately prepared meals. Position requires cashiering with accountability for reimbursable meals and ala carte items.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt