Student Information Systems Coordinator
- Student Information Systems Coordinator JobID: 2573
- Position Type:
Administration/Student Information Systems Coordinator
- Date Posted:
District Office   Additional Information:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance.
- Five years experience working with student information systems in an Arizona school setting.
- Effective supervisory and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications and Student Management Systems.
- Professional and ethical
- Motivated and self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, independent, and anticipate student information system needs.
- Exceptional professional role model.
- Exercise leadership in the support of the planning, implementation and long-range goals of the District.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Governing Board and the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Performs Student Management Systems setup and maintenance.
- Provides documentation, training and support for all Student Management System users. This includes documentation, training and support for Administrators and School Counselors regarding student information, scheduling, attendance and discipline reporting.
- Compiles/creates reports/exports at the district level for various departments and outside agencies.
- Works with offsite programmers and on site personnel with related software programs and applications.
- Provides support for teachers on attendance and gradebook programs.
- Coordinates efforts district-wide to ensure the uniform and consistent entering of data to protect the integrity of student information data.
- Sets up and implements computer procedures with regard to new education programs offered in the district.
- Assists guidance personnel and administrators regarding student data information issues: testing, GPA’s, class rank, registration, student data and computer programming.
- Oversees that district-wide data processing procedures are in compliance with state and federal government requirements.
- Communicates grading time lines, system set up and maintenance to teachers and site administrators.
- Submits and verifies Average Daily Membership, Graduation Rate Study, Year End Enrollment and other district reports with the Arizona Department of Education.
- Submits ADM information to ADE for all tuition out students in the district.
- Coordinates the collection of JTED data for the district and submits weekly attendance and changes to West-Mec.
- Provides support for District and site Office of Civil Rights reporting.
- Oversees the supervision, evaluation and training of Data Information personnel – the Student Information System Technician as well as each of the four Data Information Specialists at our high schools.
- Coordinates with other departments to be sure state and federal data requirements and deadlines are met for support programs/student needs (e.g. EAP, ESS, Migrant, Title I, Gifted, Immigrant, etc.)
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Student Information Systems Coordinator
(Administrative Compensation Guide)
I. General Description:
The Student Information Systems Coordinator maintains the student information system at the district level provides training and support for computer users and oversees the processing procedures for student data throughout the District. The Coordinator oversees the supervision, evaluation and training of Data Information personnel – the District Student Information System Technicians, as well as each Data Information Specialists at our high schools. The Coordinator supports the educational philosophy and objectives of the District and provides leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible educational environment in accordance with the District’s philosophy and objectives. The Coordinator completes special projects covering a wide variety of areas as assigned by the Superintendent and the Executive Director of Support Services.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
Status: Classified/Exempt Administrative Evaluation
Reports directly to and is evaluated by the
Executive Director of Support Services