- Paraprofessional II JobID: 1927
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Paraprofessional ESS
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Associate of Arts degree or paraprofessional certification required.
- Must possess positive attitude toward students, teachers, staff and parents/guardians.
- Must possess ability to take and follow directions.
- Must possess basic computing and clerical skills.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desired.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be proficient in the use of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must possess a warmth and understanding for special needs students.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification.
- Must sign an AHCSS Provider Participation Agreement and obtain a provider number as required.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Assists with learning activities within the general education and/or special education classroom.
- Monitors classroom assignments given by the teacher.
- Maintains confidential classroom student files and records.
- Assists with inventory and accounting procedures of special education classroom materials.
- Assists with the implementation of instruction modifications per the Individualized Education Plan.
- Communicates with teachers and parents regarding the students’ needs and progress.
- Assists with the medical needs of students.
- Assists teacher during field trips.
- Assists with student testing.
- Prepares materials for classroom use.
- Assists nurse with vision and hearing screenings.
- May accompany teacher on home visits or homebound instruction.
- Assists with oral hygiene and personal hygiene (e.g., change diapers, feminine hygiene, and clothing as needed).
- Assists students with feeding as necessary.
- Positions students from wheelchair to chair, toilet, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Paraprofessional II
Work Calendar: 10-month (192 Days)
Hours per Day: 7
I. General Description:
To assist the teacher in providing the care, welfare, and safety of the students. Assist in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and environment in order that students may learn effectively. Tutors students with special needs; maintains files and records as directed. Assists students with special physical needs.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt