- ParaProfessional I JobID: 2992
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Paraprofessional I
- Date Posted:
Canyon View High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Associate of Arts degree or paraprofessional certification required.
- Must possess positive attitude toward students, teachers, staff and parents/guardians.
- Must possess ability to take and follow directions.
- Must possess basic computing and clerical skills.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desired.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be proficient in the use of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must possess a warmth and understanding for special needs students.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification.
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background clearance checks.
- Must sign an AHCSS Provider Participation Agreement and obtain a provider number as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Assists with learning activities within the general education and/or special education classroom.
- Monitors classroom assignments given by the teacher.
- Maintains confidential classroom student files and records.
- Assists with inventory and accounting procedures of special education classroom materials.
- Assists with the implementation of instruction modifications per the Individualized Education Plan.
- Communicates with teachers and parents regarding the students’ needs and progress.
- Assists with the medical needs of students.
- Assists teacher during field trips.
- Assists with student testing.
- Prepares materials for classroom use.
- Assists nurse with vision and hearing screenings.
- May accompany teacher on home visits or homebound instruction.
- Assists with oral hygiene and personal hygiene (e.g., change diapers, feminine hygiene, and clothing as needed).
- Assists students with feeding as necessary.
- Positions students from wheelchair to chair, toilet, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assign
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1 of 1
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Paraprofessional I
Hourly Rate: $15.23
Work Calendar: 10-month
Hours per Day: 7
To assist the teacher in providing the care, welfare, and safety of the students. Assist in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and environment in order that students may learn effectively. Tutors students with special needs; maintains files and records as directed. Assists students with special physical needs.
III.Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt