- Nurse JobID: 3097
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess Licensed Practical Nurse License.
- Must have recent experience in the fields of public health nursing, and/or school nursing is desirable.
- Must possess current Hearing Screening Certificate.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Provides instruction, counseling, and guidance to students, parents, staff and others regarding health issues.
- Upholds professional standards, the Nurse Practice Act, state and local statutes, and District policies and guidelines.
- Maintains current health records as required by law on each student and compiles and files legally-required reports.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive school health program.
- Monitors immunization status of current and new students for compliance with law.
- Obtains signed parental permits for routine and emergency care.
- Collects information about the health and developmental status of students in a systematic and continuous manner.
- Maintains files on current health status of students, on-going medical concerns, and known allergies, respecting students’ rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions and monitors student status as needed.
- Provides for continuity of care upon transfer or graduation.
- Coordinates service provision with IHS staff members and other sources of community health care as needed.
- Provides or makes referrals for follow-up care.
- Develops a nursing care plan with specific goals and interventions related to students with special needs.
- Implements actions that promote or restore health and effect rehabilitation, assesses student responses and collaborates with other professionals to achieve optimal levels of wellness and learning.
- Participates in IEP conferences when appropriate.
- Provides staff education related to specific student needs.
- Stores, logs, and dispenses over-the-counter and prescription medication to students
- Assists students, families and school personnel to achieve optimal levels of wellness through health education.
- Maintains confidential emergency treatment information for staff members.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of blood pressure, blood sugar, etc. as needed by staff and students, as well as appropriate education related to individual health needs.
- Participates in health curriculum committee.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Participates in interviews, screenings and recommendation of nursing personnel for employment.
- Supervises and trains new employees.
- Performs Arizona state mandated health, vision and hearing screening, and maintains annual hearing machine calibration.
- Completes annual Arizona state mandated immunization screening reports and hearing reports.
- Files reports of suspected abuse/neglect when initial contact.
- Administers annual bloodbourne pathogen inservice for all school staff.
- Completes employee incident and workman’s compensation evaluations and assessments.
- Coordinates biohazard quarterly pick-up.
- Budgets and orders medical supplies.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO.: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
Position Description: School Nurse (LPN)Grade: P ($21.64)
Work Calendar: 10-month (198 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To provide health services for the assigned work site; to maintain appropriate, accurate and required student health records; and to coordinate and work with school nurses at other work sites.
FLSA – Non-Exempt