- Nurse Assistant JobID: 2960
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Desert Edge High School   Additional Information:
- Must possess a current Nursing Assistant Certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess good communication skills in dealing with students and the public in general.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification. A copy must be on file in HR prior to recommendation to hire.
- Must be in excellent physical health.
- Must obtain and maintain a Hearing Screening Certificate. A copy must be on file in HR.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Receives and screens incoming students.
- Maintains all student health files and daily logs.
- Provides information to students and family regarding current illness or injury.
- Files reports of suspected abuse/neglect, if initial contact person.
- Monitors immunization status of current and new students for compliance with Arizona state law.
- Participates in collecting immunization and hearing data for state mandated reports.
- Participates in continuing education, workshops, in-services, etc., to maintain proficient technical skills and continued professional growth.
- Coordinates and guides persons responsible for student's health to appropriate resources within the community.
- Maintains medical inventory and utilizes supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Participates in actions to be taken for eliminating or minimizing the health problems that interfere with student learning.
- Completes student and employee accident reports and health insurance forms.
- Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Health Center.
- Participate in Hearing and Vision Screening.
- Dispense over-the-counter and prescription medication according to physician’s orders in the absence of the school nurse.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Nursing Assistant
Work Calendar: 10-month (198 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
This position provides school health services which assists the child in reaching his/her optimal physical potential. The school medical assistant helps the child acquire knowledge and develop attitudes conducive to healthful living and the prevention of disease and accidents.
Supervision of the nurse assistant will be under the direction of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN).
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt