- Maintenance Supervisor JobID: 2482
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Verrado High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of three years experience in schools or commercial buildings.
- Must possess a minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- Must possess a broad knowledge in the operation of both hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of computer and MS office applications, e-mail, internet and maintenance information system (MIS) software.
- Must possess ability to communicate with administration, staff, subordinates and the general public.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver license.
- Must have an exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 24 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually.
- Must be in good health and have ability to climb ladders, bend, lift, stoop and reach.
- Must be able to push, pull, or lift weights in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must possess working knowledge of building safety codes.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Coordinates, supervises, and participates in campus maintenance and custodial activities.
- Inspects campus buildings, grounds and athletic fields; issues work orders to make necessary repairs and inspects completed work.
- Confers with District administration, building principals and other parties in making plans for planning, maintenance, and use of various school grounds and buildings.
- Interprets plans and sketches in the carrying out of projects.
- Coordinates with the site Principal and the Director of Facilities and Safety for interviews, screening and recommending personnel for employment.
- With assistance of Principal and Director of Facilities and Safety, evaluates all personnel under position’s supervision, maintenance and custodial personnel.
- Supervises and trains subordinates in safety, equipment operation, and maintenance skills.
- Approve all maintenance and custodial employee time sheets and edits for payroll.
- Procures supplies and equipment and services within budget capacity.
- Ensures tools and maintenance equipment are properly maintained.Establishes personnel work schedules, oversees day-to-day performances and conducts evaluations as required.
- Complies with Safety Rules and Regulations and meets OSHA requirements.
- Remains on the school premises during and after school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and his/her attendance is required.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Responds to alarms and call-outs on nights and weekends.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Supervisor
Classified Exempt New Hire Compensation Guide
Work Calendar: 12-month
I. General Description:
This position provides supervisory responsibilities required to maintain school buildings and adjacent grounds in a clean, orderly, and secure condition through scheduling, supervising work responsibilities and all maintenance and custodial employees, and participation in campus maintenance services.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Exempt