- Interventionist JobID: 2935
- Position Type:
School-Based Support Staff/TOSA
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GCA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Interventionist
$58,500 (with TOSA Stipend)
Making classroom-level data actionable is the top priority for the site-based Interventionist. The
Interventionist will assist in building, maintaining, and monitoring systemic, site-based intervention
strategies and will increase the capacity of the staff to effectively implement data-informed
interventions by providing ongoing and embedded professional development. The Interventionist
will inform, guide, coach and mentor staff members using appropriate data and research-based
teaching practices to facilitate interventions that will increase student academic achievement.
1. A minimum of four years of successful 7-12 classroom teaching experience
2. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from accredited university
3. Valid AZ secondary certification
4. Masters Degree in related field preferred
5. Proficiency in student data analytics and technology tools
6. Outstanding understanding of, experience in, and commitment to Response to
Interventions and Professional Learning Communities
7. Exemplary evidence-based history of increasing student achievement
8. Evidence-based mastery of best teaching practices
9. Evidence-based ability to mentor teachers
10. Exceptional professional role model
11. Self-motivated and disciplined and able to work both independently and interpedently
12. Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
13. Exemplary communication skills
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Use all appropriate data to provide teachers, teacher teams, and other school
professionals with training and intervention strategies that will increase student
2. Work collaboratively with Teacher Mentors, Instructional Specialists and other academic
coaches to support best teaching practices and increased student achievement.
3. Work with school leadership team members to help identify the best practices for
individual students and groups of students.
4. Regularly prepare and interpret reports for parents, teachers, counselors, school
administrators and other staff as required or requested.
5. Participate in the evaluation of the site intervention plan.
6. Monitor progress of students identified for intervention.
7. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
8. Work with teachers and principals to teach, model, monitor and provide feedback on the
intervention strategies to the staff.
9. Meet with content level PLCs weekly to develop and implement intervention strategies for
students not meeting academic standards.
10. Work collaboratively with all site staff and District-level staff as required or requested.
11. Stay up-to- date with best practices regarding instructional strategies, actionable data,
intervention strategies and student academic achievement.
12. Other job related duties as assigned.
III. Status: Certified
IV. Supervision and Evaluation by: Site Administrator and Director of Curriculum and Instruction