- Guidance Clerk JobID: 3181
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Verrado High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess ability to operate a computer, standard office machines, and use student information system software.
- Must possess ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public.
- Biliterate/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
- Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Greets and assists students, parents, staff and community members as they enter the Guidance Office and school campus.
- Answers phones and screens calls for counselors and academic advisors.
- Files and maintains the records of each student’s cumulative folder.
- Assists with registrations and summer school registration.
- Assists with scheduling student appointments.
- Translates for students and parents, (if bilingual) as directed.
- Distributes standardized test results to students/parents.
- Assists with supervision of student assistants.
- Prepares temporary bus passes for students.
- Performs registrar’s duties in her absence.
- Helps process discipline referrals, correspondence and other documentation.
- Relieves receptionist and attendance clerks as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere to staff, students, parents and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Board Policy and District Procedures
Position Description: Clerk– GuidanceGrade: C ($15.23)
Work Calendar: 10-month (208 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To assist students and parents requesting service with student enrollment through the Guidance Office.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt