General Maintenance & Grounds Worker- 2 openings
- General Maintenance & Grounds Worker- 2 openings JobID: 3088
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Custodial/General Maintenance/Grounds Worker
- Date Posted:
Canyon View High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Desire three years experience as a journeyman or equivalent in a maintenance and grounds environment.
- Able to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; bilingual preferred.
- Must be proficient in the safe operation of use of hand tools, power tools and groundskeeper equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of building and safety codes.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Must possess ability to organize own work on a daily basis.
- Valid Arizona driver license preferred.
- Must have an exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 24 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually.
- Must be in good health and possess ability to push, pull, or lift weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess ability to climb ladders and work in tight spaces, i.e., trenches, attics, equipment rooms, etc.
- Ability to adapt to flexible schedule changes; able to work outside normal business hours and respond to call-outs.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and grounds work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds and athletic fields.
- Performs a variety of mechanical duties on mower, tractor, including: replacing fan belts, plugs, oil change, etc.
- Performs maintenance, custodial and groundkeeper duties as assigned and/or needed..
- Maintains a variety of records relating to inspections and maintenance activity.
- Assists in repair, maintenance, alteration, construction, installation activities and grounds keeping.
- Implements work orders and documents work performed.
- Installs and maintains irrigation systems.
- Operates and maintains light and medium sized construction and power equipment, and groundkeeper equipment.
- Mows, trims, fertilizes, levels and waters all athletic fields and school grounds.
- Marks all athletic fields for appropriate athletic events.
- Cleans restrooms, parking lots, campus grounds and athletic areas.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all athletic and grounds equipment.
- Complies with Safety Rules and Regulations and satisfies OSHA requirements; makes good decisions with safety in mind.
- Works from blueprints, sketches, pictures, or word descriptions to complete a wide variety of maintenance projects, as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Board Policy and District Procedures
Position Description: General Maintenance/Grounds WorkerHourly Rate: 16.16
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
This position provides assistance with the planning and implementation of maintenance, construction, grounds, and renovation activities necessary to maintain the buildings and grounds in excellent repair and condition.
III. Duties and Responsibilities (continued):