- Fleet Supervisor JobID: 2782
- Position Type:
Transportation Services/Fleet Supervisor
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- General Description:
- Supervises maintenance and repairs of all AFUHSD fleet and power equipment to ensure safe working conditions. Responsible for maintenance recordkeeping of all District vehicles. Must be capable and willing to drive any vehicle assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess or acquire a valid AZ Commercial Driver License (CDL) class B with P and S endorsements and AZ Bus Driver Certificate.
- Possess minimum two years supervisory experience, five years experience in all phases of school bus and/or heavy truck maintenance and repairs desired, and two years experience in heavy equipment, buses and diesel motors desired.
- Exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 39 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of 39 month driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually.
- ASE Certifications for School Bus related areas preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification.
- Must pass physical examination and annual drug screening as prescribed by AAC R17-9-102
- Must be in good physical health and have the ability to stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, or lift weights in excess of 50 pounds.
- Experience driving school buses or heavy trucks preferred.
- Ability to assist students with disabilities in loading, transferring, securing and unloading.
- Knowledge of Agua Fria and metro geographical area, roads, bus stops and school bus routes.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes related to transportation.
- Knowledge of principles of inventory control, management, supervision and records management.
- Ability to operate computer, MS office applications and fleet maintenance records software.
- Ability to perform minor and major repairs on vehicles.
- Ability to use hydraulics, power and hand tools, and electronic testing instruments.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Establish and maintain appropriate interpersonal relations with vendors, administration, subordinates and staff.
- Supervise assigned mechanics and Fleet Maintenance Coordinator.
- Interviews, screens and recommends personnel for employment.
- Evaluates all personnel under position’s supervision.
- Supervises and trains new employees.
- Approve time sheets and edits for payroll.
- Observe all state and federal mandatory safety regulations and district policy.
- Initial review and prioritization and assignment of work orders; verify for completion.
- Supervise assessment, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of all appropriate repairs and maintenance of district vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance, inspect, diagnose and repair defects to all District fleet vehicles.
- Maintain a comprehensive maintenance program and records for all AFUHSD vehicles and equipment.
- Manage the fuel system assuring availability, authorized use and inventory control.
- Ensure fuel records are maintained and mandated testing is performed.
- Identify, order, and secure parts for repairs.
- Determine the needs for repairs or warranty work from outside vendors.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical components including video recorders.
- Perform quarterly safety inspections of all school buses.
- Responsible for removing buses from availability or out of service due to major defects as defined in DPS minimum standards and advise dispatch of results.
- Responsible for authorizing buses to return to service after inspection and verification of repairs.
- Maintain records of time, materials and parts required.
- Retain vehicle records of maintenance and repairs completed to each vehicle.
- Ensure vehicles meet safety standards and emissions requirements.
- Maintain fleet registration information, state inventory reports, warranty records, and emissions program.
- Clean and maintain District equipment, tools and the bus facility.
- Respond and provide assistance and services for emergency repairs.
- Assist in transferring students to alternate vehicle when necessary.
- Arrange for transportation of disabled vehicles.
- Project and maintain five year fleet replacement plan.
- Maintain required supplies, tools, fuel and parts inventory.
- React professionally in an emergency and coordinate actions of subordinates.
- Investigate accidents, travel to accident scene, and recover disabled vehicles.
- May be required to travel and work outside normal work hours.
- Provide on-call back up for staff shortages.
- Attend and participate in department meetings and training.
- Report all citations and accidents and complete required forms.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals and fumes.
- Submit to random, periodic and post accident drug/alcohol testing.
- Must be capable and willing to drive any vehicle assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Agua Fria Union High School District NO. 216 File NO. GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1 of 2
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Fleet/Maintenance SupervisorClassified Exempt Compensation Guide
III. Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
FLSA - Exempt