- Equipment Manager JobID: 2231
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent degree and/or commensurate work experience.
- Experience in similar position preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, climb, reach and perform physical tasks.
- Must have strong organizational ability.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to work with multiple coaches, sponsors, vendors, administrators and District-level personnel.
- Knowledge of how to appropriately care for uniforms and equipment.
- Skill with inventory software, fixed assets procedures, Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate after school athletic programs and activities.
- Commitment to the long-term vision for the sustainability and fiscal responsibility of athletic and extra-curricular programs, equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Issues and collects uniforms, orders equipment and inventories all athletic equipment before, during and after each season in accordance with established accountability procedures.
- Assists coaches with the setup and tear down for all regular and special sports functions and campus competition. Has equipment ready for the activity and once concluded, ensures it is cleaned and stored appropriately.
- When necessary, cleans and maintains athletic Gymnasium and Sports facility as it relates to (e.g. lobby, concession stands, restrooms, ticket booths, and press box) the purpose of providing an attractive, clean, safe and sanitary environment.
- Implements a preventative maintenance and safety compliance program for all athletic equipment. (i.e helmets, football pads, wrestling mats, weight lifting equipment, high hurdles, high jump equipment, etc).
- Manages Sound System and Scoreboards: receives and implements training on how to operate the sound system, scoreboard and lighting system for the purpose of meeting job requirements related to all athletic events and activities.
- Inventories and identifies new equipment as school district property for the purpose of keeping accurate records of purchases and tracking where school property is located. Complies with fixed assets procedures.
- Maintains gym floors, lobby areas and picks up refuse after each sports event for the purpose of maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- Organizes and supervises the equipment storage area for athletics and physical education including repair and laundry of towels and uniforms for the purpose of having equipment easily accessible for use/distribution and keeping property clean and sanitary.
- Support the Plant Manger during the summer months with agreed upon list of duties; to be defined by the Athletic Director and Plant Manager for the purpose of ensuring a good athletic department.
- Other duties as may be appropriate and assigned.
Agua Fria Union High School District No. 216
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Equipment Manager
Work Calendar: 260-262 Days
Hours per day: 8
I. General Description:
To provide operational support for District athletic programs and activities by maintaining quality control of uniforms, equipment, supplies. To ensure compliance with safety requirements. To provide support for school facilities as related to athletic events and activities.
IV. Reports To: Assistant Principal/Athletic Director with direction and oversight from the Executive
Director of Finance as appropriate.
V. Status: FLSA non-exempt position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Improper interference with the ability of the District's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up to and including discharge.
REF: GDA – Support Staff Positions
GDBA – Support Staff Salary
GDF – Support Staff Hiring