- Equipment Manager JobID: 2144
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Canyon View High School
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent degree and/or commensurate work experience.
- Experience in similar position preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, climb, reach and perform physical tasks.
- Must have strong organizational ability.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to work with multiple coaches, sponsors, vendors, administrators and District-level personnel.
- Knowledge of how to appropriately care for uniforms and equipment.
- Skill with inventory software, fixed assets procedures, Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate after school athletic programs and activities.
- Commitment to the long-term vision for the sustainability and fiscal responsibility of athletic and extra-curricular programs, equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Issues and collects uniforms, orders equipment and inventories all athletic equipment before, during and after each season in accordance with established accountability procedures.
- Assists coaches with the setup and tear down for all regular and special sports functions and campus competition. Has equipment ready for the activity and once concluded, ensures it is cleaned and stored appropriately.
- When necessary, cleans and maintains athletic Gymnasium and Sports facility as it relates to (e.g. lobby, concession stands, restrooms, ticket booths, and press box) the purpose of providing an attractive, clean, safe and sanitary environment.
- Implements a preventative maintenance and safety compliance program for all athletic equipment. (i.e helmets, football pads, wrestling mats, weight lifting equipment, high hurdles, high jump equipment, etc).
- Manages Sound System and Scoreboards: receives and implements training on how to operate the sound system, scoreboard and lighting system for the purpose of meeting job requirements related to all athletic events and activities.
- Inventories and identifies new equipment as school district property for the purpose of keeping accurate records of purchases and tracking where school property is located. Complies with fixed assets procedures.
- Maintains gym floors, lobby areas and picks up refuse after each sports event for the purpose of maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- Organizes and supervises the equipment storage area for athletics and physical education including repair and laundry of towels and uniforms for the purpose of having equipment easily accessible for use/distribution and keeping property clean and sanitary.
- Support the Plant Manger during the summer months with agreed upon list of duties; to be defined by the Athletic Director and Plant Manager for the purpose of ensuring a good athletic department.
- Other duties as may be appropriate and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Desire three years experience as a journeyman or equivalent in a maintenance and grounds environment.
- Able to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; bilingual preferred.
- Must be proficient in the safe operation of use of hand tools, power tools and groundskeeper equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of building and safety codes.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Must possess ability to organize own work on a daily basis.
- Valid Arizona driver license preferred.
- Must have an exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 24 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually.
- Must be in good health and possess ability to push, pull, or lift weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess ability to climb ladders and work in tight spaces, i.e., trenches, attics, equipment rooms, etc.
- Ability to adapt to flexible schedule changes; able to work outside normal business hours and respond to call-outs.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and grounds work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds and athletic fields.
- Performs a variety of mechanical duties on mower, tractor, including: replacing fan belts, plugs, oil change, etc.
- Performs maintenance, custodial and groundkeeper duties as assigned and/or needed..
- Maintains a variety of records relating to inspections and maintenance activity.
- Assists in repair, maintenance, alteration, construction, installation activities and grounds keeping.
- Implements work orders and documents work performed.
- Installs and maintains irrigation systems.
- Operates and maintains light and medium sized construction and power equipment, and groundkeeper equipment.
- Mows, trims, fertilizes, levels and waters all athletic fields and school grounds.
- Marks all athletic fields for appropriate athletic events.
- Cleans restrooms, parking lots, campus grounds and athletic areas.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all athletic and grounds equipment.
- Complies with Safety Rules and Regulations and satisfies OSHA requirements; makes good decisions with safety in mind.
- Works from blueprints, sketches, pictures, or word descriptions to complete a wide variety of maintenance projects, as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Equipment Manager .5/ General Maintenance/ Grounds Worker .5
Work Calendar: 260-262 Days
Hours per day: 8
Equipment Manager Job Description
I. General Description:
To provide operational support for District athletic programs and activities by maintaining quality control of uniforms, equipment, supplies. To ensure compliance with safety requirements. To provide support for school facilities as related to athletic events and activities.
I. General Description:
IV. Reports To: Assistant Principal/Athletic Director with direction and oversight from the Executive
Director of Finance as appropriate.
V. Status: FLSA non-exempt position.
Position Description: General Maintenance/Grounds Worker
This position provides assistance with the planning and implementation of maintenance, construction, grounds, and renovation activities necessary to maintain the buildings and grounds in excellent repair and condition.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Improper interference with the ability of the District's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up to and including discharge.
REF: GDA – Support Staff Positions
GDBA – Support Staff Salary
GDF – Support Staff Hiring
Job Reference #: 2144