District Department Program Facilitator | English
- District Department Program Facilitator | English JobID: 3176
- Position Type:
District Based Professional Support
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Valid IVP DPS Fingerprint Card
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate.
- Minimum of three years of exemplary teaching experience and expertise in the discipline/department that will be served.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of curriculum needs and instructional strategies in the department that will be served.
- Basic knowledge of data use regarding student achievement.
- Recognized as an exemplary classroom teacher by supervisors and fellow teachers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate group meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design and deliver professional development sessions.
- Demonstrate a desire to improve student performance.
- Demonstrate professional leadership within the department.
- Prepares, plans for, and leads in-service sessions with an emphasis on District trainings such as early release days.
- Collaborate with administration to ensure implementation of Professional Learning Communities according to PLC definitions, district/site established parameters, and non-negotiables.
- Ensure a GVC (Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum) is developed for each department course including the implementation and alignment of academic standards.
- Effectively manage and organize district curriculum resources.
- Assist with course curriculum planning, essential standards, district assessments, common formative assessments, and other GVC related support items for each subject taught within the department.
- Collaborate with both the Academic Services Team in making curriculum and assessment recommendations.
- Answers basic and advanced questions regarding the subject matter.
- Employ innovative uses of technology for teaching and learning.
- Lead and support Department Heads including crafting of District Department Head meeting agenda, facilitation of District Department Head meetings, and follow up to assure that District meeting info successfully shared and understood by teachers.
- Leads Department activities connected to Summer PD Academy, Early Release days, and curriculum writing days.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Shows consideration and respect for all persons.
- Assist with other tasks and performs other duties as requested by the District Instructional Specialists.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO. GCA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: District Department Program Facilitator-Internal Only
The District Department Program Facilitator serves to coordinate and facilitate discipline-specific work related to professional development, curriculum, instructional strategies, and the use of data to determine student needs and increase student achievement. The Program Facilitator must have a deep knowledge of their discipline, including the necessary elements to achieve a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all department courses, and understanding of the vertical articulation of skills and concepts across grade levels.
Overall, this leader will possess expertise in the area of teacher leadership and will be able to work closely with Department Chairs to effectively support teachers district-wide in their discipline-specific work. In addition, this person will provide substantial assistance with the design and delivery of District professional development and the District Department Head meetings. Program Facilitators will report to the District Instructional Specialists.
III.Duties and Responsibilities:
District Curriculum Specialist, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
STATUS: Certified, Stipend
Job Reference #: 3176