- Custodian JobID: 3087
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Minimum of three years experience in commercial or school custodial work.
- Must possess ability to read, write and comprehend simple directions.
- Must be able to communicate with staff and students.
- Must possess skills in the proper use of supplies, tools, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Must be in good health and able to push, pull, or lift weights in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to carry a 15-20 lb. back-pack canister vacuum.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to work a staggered or variable shift.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Cleans classrooms, cafeteria, hallways, restrooms, offices, special area rooms, locker rooms, sidewalks and other areas as assigned.
- Sweeps, dusts, vacuums, scrubs, waxes, strips and polishes floors.
- Washes windows, walls, woodwork, and equipment.
- Empties trash receptacles, cleans lockers.
- Cleans debris from sidewalks, parking lots, and campus areas.
- Records, documents and removes any and all graffiti from campus.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs to lighting, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Moves furniture and equipment for cleaning and special events.
- Replaces light bulbs and performs very minor maintenance.
- Reports safety hazards and need for major repairs immediately.
- Works with maintenance crew when school is not in session, as needed.
- Monitors attendance and services of other night custodians when assigned.
- Complies with Safety Rules and Regulations and satisfies OSHA requirements.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate levels of supplies throughout the campus.
- Help set up for sporting events.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
Position Description: Custodian
Grade: B ($15.00)
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
This position is responsible for maintaining the school physical plant in a neat and clean condition.
III. Duties and Responsibilities: