Coaching | Esports Head Coach
- Coaching | Esports Head Coach JobID: 2819
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Obtain and maintain a valid DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card (IVP)
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, governing organizations (AIA/PlayVS), opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- The applicant must possess the ability to communicate in spoken and written word.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The applicant should be professionally calm and motivationally intense.
- The applicant should be a progressive thinker but a believer in planning and preparation.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to regularly push, pull or lift weights up to 10 pounds
- Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Regular talking and hearing is required
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, sit
- Ability to occasionally climb, balance and stop or kneel
- Must be able to tolerate a semi-private working environment
- Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO. GCA/GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
Board Policy and District Procedures
JOB DESCRIPTION – Esports Head Coach
TITLE: Esports Head Coach
WORK CALENDAR: Seasonal
SALARY: Extra Duty Compensation Guide
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|1.||Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.|
|2.||Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in various Esport games|
|3.||Coordinate the development and promotion of the Esports Program.|
|4.||Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the Esports program.|
|5.||Ensure all Esports coaches work together toward a common goal within the Esports program and provide unity within the youth community programs.|
|6.||Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.|
|7.||Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.|
|8.||Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.|
|9.||Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.|
|10.||Maintain records to ensure compliance with all pertinent AIA/PlayVS regulations, including eligibility forms, transfer forms, and grade reports, and ensure that regulations are followed.|
|11.||Instruct and advise students on NCAA regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.|
|12.||Assist student athletes with college recruitment.|
|13.||Act as a team representative and promote the sport by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.|
|14.||Hold a preseason meeting with all student-athletes and parents before the first official game.|
|15.||Assess players’ skills and assign team positions.|
|16.||Oversee process of maintaining, repairing, and storing all equipment.|
|17.||Participate in special activities to include senior night, banquets, award nights and pep assemblies.|
|18.||Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.|
|19.||Represent the Agua Fria Union High School District and the Esports program in a professional manner.|
|20.||Maintain nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.|
|21.||Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
|Education / Certificate |
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
|The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.|