Coach: Head Wrestling
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Desert Edge High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Open to qualified certificated on-site or school-site staff members. In the event no qualified certificated staff member applies, the position will be open to qualified persons outside of the immediate site or district and will be considered a “non-staff coach.” Positions are evaluated annually.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of two (2) years head coaching at the high school level or head/assistant collegiate coaching level in the sport for which application is being made, preferred.
- Participation as a player at the high school or collegiate level in the sport for which application is being made is preferred.
- Must be trained in and possess valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid clearance.
- Must provide all required certifications prior to the beginning of the designated sports season and the assumption of coaching duties.
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Card
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to work effectively with groups and individuals; demonstrate skills in organization and ability to apply this knowledge to a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrate ability to work with parent groups, administrators, staff and students.
- Must have a verifiable record of placing the appropriate emphasis on academic excellence, positive attitudes, character, and sportsmanship for all student-athletes.
- Must possess ability to successfully promote athletes who qualify under NCAA Clearinghouse standards for post-secondary scholarship opportunities.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Follows district and site procedures and policies; follows the district Athletic Handbook and Code; adheres to the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA).
- Has the primary responsibility for administering the freshman, JV, and/or varsity sports program for which the candidate has been hired.
- Must be a positive role model for student-athletes.
- If a head coach, has full responsibility for the overall supervision and development of all teams in the sports program for which candidate is hired.
- If a head coach, responsible for the assignments and duties of assistant coaches in sport for which candidate is hires.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in planning, implementing and scheduling team activities, tryouts, practices, game plans, summer activities.
- Oversees any unsafe conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted at all times athletes are present.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the Athletic Director and completes work orders in a timely manner to correct safety hazards.
- Teaches student-athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Fosters ethics, good conduct and sportsmanship for all participants and coaches.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the team before, during and after events and traveling to and from events, including riding the bus with the team.
- Responsible for the distribution, collection, and general upkeep of all uniforms and equipment and providing an end of season inventory.
- Submits annual written report evaluating the program, with recommendations for improvements, as requested by the Athletic Director.
- If Head coach, assists the Athletic Director in the evaluation of assistant, freshman or JV coaches.
- Verifies that each team member has been cleared by the Athletic Director prior to allowing a student to try out or practice.
- Provides prompt accurate reporting of scores to local media and AIA.
- Holds pre-season parent orientation meeting for all levels to review eligibility, athletic code, team rules, requirements, and risk factors for all athletes.
- Adheres to all district guidelines and policies regarding budget and expenditures and the ordering process.
- Complies with time constraints for practice and contest schedules, including holidays/Saturdays, as well as off-season schedules.
- Promotes your school with pride and dignity at all times.
- Completes grade checks of all athletes per District guidelines.
- Ensures district compliance with the Arizona Department of Education for all academic programs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
FLSA- Non-Exempt – Stipend – distributed over the course of the sports’ season
Reports to Athletic Director and/or site principal
|Coach: Head Wrestling||JobID: 3391|
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO. GCA/GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Coach
(Extra Duty Compensation Guide)
I. General Description:
Promotes the educational philosophy and objectives of the District and provides leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible program for student-athletes within the District’s philosophy and objectives. The coach instructs and works with student-athletes to prepare them for academic success and athletic competition.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 3391