Classified: Paraprofessional II-ESS
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Paraprofessional II
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Associate of Arts degree or paraprofessional certification required.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification within 45 days of hire.
- Must possess positive attitude toward students, teachers, staff and parents/guardians.
- Prior experience working with special education students desired.
- Must possess ability to take and follow directions.
- Must possess basic computing and clerical skills.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must sign an AHCSS Provider Participation Agreement and obtain a provider number as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must complete Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and specialized training for developmentally disabled students.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Assists with learning activities within the general education and/or special education classroom.
- Provides before and after school tutoring.
- Monitors classroom assignments given by the teacher.
- Maintains confidential classroom student files and records.
- Assists with inventory and accounting procedures of special education classroom materials.
- Assists with the implementation of instruction modifications per the Individualized Education Plan.
- Communicates with teachers and parents regarding the students’ needs and progress.
- Assists students in the areas of personal hygiene skills, as needed.
- Assists teacher during field trips.
- Assists with student testing.
- Prepares materials for classroom use.
- Assists nurse with vision and hearing screenings.
- Participates in the AHCSS Provider Program and complete forms for Direct Services claims.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral.
- May be required to verbally and/or physically redirect student behavior.
- May be required to physically restrain or run after a student.
- May be required to travel to perform with functions.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Classified: Paraprofessional II-ESS||JobID: 3240|
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Paraprofessional II-ESSGrade: D ($15.53)
Work Calendar: 10-month (195 days)
Hours per Day: 7
I. General Description:
To assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and environment in order that students may learn effectively and to become as independent as possible in the classroom and community. More specifically, this staff member will assist the alternative education instructor in behavior management and daily instruction.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt