Classified: Human Resources Specialist
- Classified: Human Resources Specialist JobID: 3249
- Position Type:
Human Resources/HR Specialist
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
12/09/2022   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent; associates degree is preferable.
- Must possess ability to operate a computer, a data entry terminal and standard office machines.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Publisher and Access if possible)
- Must be able to learn and use in-house programs such as Visions, iVisions, Frontline Systems etc.
- Must possess ability to work and communicate cooperatively and effectively with administrators, employees and general public.
- Biliterate/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
- Must deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working in a collaborative decision-making management system.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Greets and assists parents, employees and public; provides appropriate information and/or direction.
- Provides information regarding employment, position opening, pay rates and benefits.
- Maintains District personnel records on employment status, education requirements, professional growth, staffing, reduction in force, recall, surplus, reassignment, seniority, retirement, absences and longevity of District personnel.
- Verifies professional development activities for certification renewal, records new and renewed certificates and verifies certification/education and experience of applicants to determine qualifications.
- Processes personnel action requests and issues employment contracts.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Administration Offices regarding District policies and procedures relating to Human Resources department; collects data and compiles reports for administration and other agencies as needed; reviews and edits materials for compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists volunteers, student teachers and employees in completing Human Resources documents.
- Prepares personnel folders for new hires and/or exiting employees.
- Maintains personnel files and all personnel documents.
- Manages tracking of all application materials.
- Maintains a file of the Recommendation for Hire Summary Sheets.
- Maintains a database for tracking all employee evaluations.
- Processes and maintains database of volunteers and their status.
- Inputs all employee maintenance into VISIONS.
- Monitors and notifies supervisors of 90-day probationary period evaluation for new classified employees.
- Monitors and maintains a file of all completed employee annual evaluations returned to Human Resources. Notifies supervisors regarding evaluation due date.
- Gathers and files appropriate employment paperwork for contract and notice of appointments; fingerprinting and applications.
- Updates and manages job postings in Recruiting & Hiring.
- Completes background checks regarding substitutes and volunteers.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Human Resources SpecialistGrade: K (Starting Pay: $18.37)
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
The Human Resources Office Specialist is responsible for performing difficult and highly skilled personnel work in the Human Resources Office, requiring a broad knowledge of District and Personnel policies while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
FLSA – Non-Exempt