Classified: Guidance Clerk
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
To assist students and parents requesting service with student enrollment through the Guidance Office
Greets and assists students, parents, staff and community members as they enter the Guidance Office and school campus
Answers phones and screens calls for counselors and academic advisors
Files and maintains the records of each student’s cumulative folder
Assists with registrations and summer school registration
Assists with scheduling student appointments
Translates for students and parents, (if bilingual) as directed
Distributes standardized test results to students/parents
Assists with supervision of student assistants
Prepares temporary bus passes for students
Performs registrar’s duties in her absence
Helps process discipline referrals, correspondence and other documentation
Relieves receptionist and attendance clerks as needed
Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Perform other related duties as assigned
|Classified: Guidance Clerk||JobID: 3337|
JOB DESCRIPTION – Guidance Clerk
TITLE: Guidance Clerk FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 208 days
COMPENSATION: Grade C (Starting at $15.23/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Must possess the ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and the general public.
2. Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality
3. Ability to function in stressful situations and respond with tact, composure and courtesy when dealing with others.
4. Ability to acquire and apply information in related references (e.g., Governing Board policies and regulations, Guidance procedures).
5. Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner.
6. Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its philosophy.
1. Biliterate/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Must possess the ability to operate a computer, standard office machines, and use student information system software.
2. Knowledge of Google Suites
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
2. Ability to regularly push, pull or lift weights up to 15 pounds
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
4. Regular talking and listening is required
5. Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, sit
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to tolerate a semi-private working environment
2. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.