Classified: General Maintenance/ Grounds
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Custodial/General Maintenance/Grounds Worker
- Date Posted:
Desert Edge High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
This position provides assistance with the planning and implementation of maintenance, construction, grounds, and renovation activities necessary to maintain the buildings and grounds in excellent repair and condition
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and grounds work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds and athletic fields
Performs a variety of mechanical duties on mower, tractor, including: replacing fan belts, plugs, oil change, etc.
Performs maintenance, custodial and grounds keeper duties as assigned and/or needed
Maintains a variety of records relating to inspections and maintenance activity
Assists in repair, maintenance, alteration, construction, installation activities and groundskeeping
Implements work orders and documents work performed
Installs and maintains irrigation systems
Operates and maintains light and medium sized construction and power equipment, and groundskeeper equipment
Mows, trims, fertilizes, levels and waters all athletic fields and school grounds.
Marks all athletic fields for appropriate athletic events.
Cleans restrooms, parking lots, campus grounds and athletic areas
Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all athletic and grounds equipment
Complies with Safety Rules and Regulations and satisfies OSHA requirements; makes good decisions with safety in mind
Works from blueprints, sketches, pictures, or word descriptions to complete a wide variety of maintenance projects, as needed
Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Perform other related duties as assigned
Able to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time
Ability to adapt to flexible schedule changes; able to work outside normal business hours and respond to call-outs
Must possess the ability to organize own work on a daily basis
|Classified: General Maintenance/ Grounds||JobID: 3542|
TITLE: General Maintenance/Grounds Worker FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 261 days
COMPENSATION: Classified Non Exempt Compensation Guide (Starting at $18.99/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Education / Certificate
1. High school diploma or equivalent desired
2. Valid Arizona driver license preferred
3. Must have an exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 24 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually
4. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Desire three years’ experience as a journeyman or equivalent in a maintenance and grounds environment
2. Able to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time
3. Must be proficient in the safe operation of use of hand tools, power tools and groundskeeper equipment
4. Must have working knowledge of building and safety codes
5. Must possess the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and diagrams
1. Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; bilingual preferred.
1. Must possess general knowledge in the use of office machines and computers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be in good health and possess the ability to push, pull, or lift weights of up to 50 pounds
2. Must possess ability to climb ladders and work in tight spaces, i.e., trenches, attics, equipment rooms, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY