Classified: Food Service III
- Classified: Food Service III JobID: 3228
- Position Type:
Food Services/Food Service III
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Post high school training in supervision and/or management experience preferred.
- Experience with kitchen equipment and cafeteria operations.
- Must have mathematical ability to work with monies and operate cash register and related business machines as requested.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with staff and students.
- Able to perform multiple tasks and prioritize functions to meet constantly changing job conditions.
- Good health-physically able to lift 30 pounds, bend, stand and reach.
- Must comply with Safety Rules and Regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Must possess County Certification for food manager (renewed every 3 years).
- Ability to work harmoniously with students, parents and staff.
- Understanding and compliance with National School Lunch Program regulations.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Can perform all duties of Food Service Worker in a competent and efficient manner.
- Assigns verbally and in writing, work assignments and production plans prepared by the manager if the manager is not on site.
- Assists with special events and catering.
- Serves as Cafeteria Manager in manager’s absence.
- Effectively communicates job tasks and functions to staff.
- Able to perform all computer functions as required.
- Must follow appropriate dress code to meet health standards.
- Assists with daily collections and cash deposits.
- Facilitates training for new employees and/or job functions.
- Attend additional training workshops as available.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TITLE: Food Service III
HOURS PER DAY: 7
WORK CALENDAR: 195
COMPENSATION: Grade D (starting at $15.53 an hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. General Description:
Provides leadership cafeteria staff and acts as manager in the Cafeteria Manager’s absence. To effectively prepare and serve nutritious meals to students and staff in a cost-effective, high quality and clean environment.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.