Classified: Dispatcher/Field Trip Coordinator
- Position Type:
Transportation Services/Dispatcher/Field Trip Coordinator
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
Assure all daily routes are properly staffed. Use computer field trip scheduling to assure proper arrangements have been scheduled
Arrange and assure all daily routes are properly staffed
Provide direction, communicate, and monitor district drivers and assistants using a two-way radio; maintaining awareness of location
Answer telephones, investigate and resolve transportation issues from staff, parents, students and the general public
Respond to emergency calls from bus drivers and assistants, re-route buses as necessary
Dispatch mechanic and/or replacement vehicles as needed
Manage and schedule coordination of field trips and athletic events utilizing drivers and fleet vehicles to maximum efficiency
Prepare invoices and maintain records of activity trips in preparation for the 100th day report
Update and publish daily and weekly reports for activity trips
Check voicemail messages from staff and special education students reporting absences and inform corresponding driver and assistant
Prepare route coverage for special or unscheduled releases
Monitor route arrival/departure times and safety concerns
Maintain list of available fleet vehicles
Maintain records related to mileage and driver data
Assist Route Coordinator with editing and special routes
Respond to requests for staff back up due to shortages
Attend and participate in department meetings and training
Must be capable and willing to drive any vehicle assigned
Must be able to perform duties in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
Report all citations/accidents and complete required forms
Observe all state and federal mandatory safety regulations and district policy
Submit to random, periodic and post-accident drug/alcohol testing
Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Perform other related duties as assigned
Must be able to perform duties in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Must be capable and willing to drive any vehicle assigned.
|Classified: Dispatcher/Field Trip Coordinator||JobID: 3281|
JOB DESCRIPTION – Dispatcher/Field Trip Coordinator
TITLE: Dispatcher /Field Trip Coordinator FTE:1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 261 days
COMPENSATION: Transportation Initial Placement Compensation Guide (Starting at $22.12/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent
2. Must be 21 years of age and possess or acquire a valid AZ Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Class B with P and S endorsements and AZ Bus Driver Certificate
3. Exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 39 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of 39-month driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually
4. Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certificate
5. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Two years experience in student transportation, preferred
2. Knowledge of Agua Fria and metro geographical area, roads, bus stops and school bus routes.
3. Must have organizational, multitasking skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
4. Must have ability to remain calm in emergency situations
1. Knowledge of basic radio operations, telecommunications, transportation scheduling and coordination
2. Possess excellent communication skills, be professional, proactive, and maintain confidentiality
1. Ability to operate computer and MS office applications including transportation related software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be in good physical health and have the ability to stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.