Classified: CTE Specialist (Data)
- Classified: CTE Specialist (Data) JobID: 3215
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
10/07/2022   Additional Information:
JOB DESCRIPTION- Career & Technical Education (CTE) Specialist
TITLE: CTE Specialist (Data) FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 261 days
COMPENSATION: Grade H (starting at $16.81/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Generate statistical charts/graphs/data/spreadsheets for various district, state, and federal reports
2. Attend and participate in local CTED and other meetings at ADE
3. Utilize the student information system, Synergy, to access student data for annual reporting and program monitoring
4. Generate Technical Skills Assessment reporting and coordinate with sites
5. Generate West-MEC grant reimbursement
6. Handles correspondence, reports and other materials for the department pertaining to parents, students, and staff; performs a variety of clerical duties providing assistance for the department
7. Coordinate professional development registration and travel for all CTE Teachers and staff
8. Generates travel purchase orders, as needed
9. Enters EPARS and submits timesheets, as needed
10. Collaborate with payroll regarding substitute reimbursement and use of CTE funds
11. Maintains appropriate files as required.
12. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
13. Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
14. Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
15. Maintain punctual and regular attendance
16. Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by appropriate business courses.
2. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Must possess expert skills in secretarial techniques and keep abreast of current trends in correspondence, word usage, and punctuation.
2. Must possess a minimum of two years secretarial experience, preferably working in a school district setting.
3. Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its philosophy.
4. Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with the general public
1. Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
2. Strong writing, literacy and communications skills; uses effective communication strategies to interact with a variety of audiences
1. Must possess intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
2. Must possess ability to use or to learn computer programs (i.e. iVisions and Resource Manager)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to lift 15 pounds
2. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, for inventory
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to tolerate a semi- private working environment
2. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.