Classified: Bus Driver
- Position Type:
Transportation Services/Bus Driver
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
|Classified: Bus Driver||JobID: 2579|
TITLE: Bus Driver
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
HOURS PER DAY: 6.5
WORK CALENDAR: 195 days
COMPENSATION: Transportation Initial Placement Compensation Guide (Starting at $22.12/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by designated supervisor
2. Transport students on regular assigned runs and special assignments.
3. Perform pre and post trip inspections. Check operation of wheelchair lift securement system for safe operation.
4. Transport students on educational field trips and sporting events, locally and out of town.
5. Monitor and maintain discipline on the bus at all times. Submit written referrals when appropriate.
6. Conduct mandatory emergency evacuation drills.
7. Administer first-aid when necessary.
8. Maintain interior and exterior of the bus. Clean and sanitize District buses, vans and cars.
9. Provide special assistance to special education students when transporting and accessing the bus. Operate a wheelchair lift. Transfer students into bus seat or utilize wheelchair securement system to safely transport students.
10. Respond to requests for back up assistance.
11. Provide feedback and information related to route design and updates.
12. Submit an electronic work order of defects and non-operational findings to mechanics when necessary.
13. Ensure video equipment is functioning properly and report if non-operational.
14. Must be capable and willing to drive any vehicle assigned.
15. Observe all state and federal mandatory safety regulations and District policy.
16. Report all citations and accidents and complete required forms.
17. React professionally in an emergency.
18. Submit to random, periodic and post-accident drug/alcohol testing.
19. Attend and participate in department meetings and training.
20. May be required to travel to perform work functions.
21. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
22. Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
23. Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
24. Maintain punctual and regular attendance
25. Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
2. Must be 21 years of age, possess or acquire a valid AZ Commercial Driver License (CDL) class B with P and S endorsements, and an AZ Bus Driver Certificate.
3. Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification.
4. Must pass physical examination and annual drug screening as prescribed by AAC R17-9-102.
5. Exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 39 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of 39 month driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually
6. Knowledge of Agua Fria and metro geographical area, roads, bus stops and school bus routes.
7. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. One year experience driving school buses or bus-driving experience preferred
2. Ability to assist students with disabilities in loading, transferring, securing and unloading.
1.Must possess the ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, administrators, faculty, staff and the general public.
2. Ability to read and interpret written information related to the job
1. Must possess general knowledge in the use of office machines and computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be in good physical health and have the ability to stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, or lift weights in excess of 50 pounds.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus while driving
3. Frequently stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions
4. Prolonged periods sitting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to perform duties in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
2. Noise level is moderate to loud
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.