Classified: Bus Assistant
- Position Type:
Transportation Services/Bus Assistant
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
|Classified: Bus Assistant||JobID: 3459|
TITLE: Bus Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
HOURS PER DAY: 6.5
WORK CALENDAR: 195 days
COMPENSATION: Transportation Initial Placement Compensation Guide (Starting at $15.84/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability to assist special needs students as they enter and exit the bus
2. Demonstrate care and consistent concern for student safety
3. Monitor student conduct for emotional and physical conditions that may affect the safety and welfare of the students
4. Maintain order among students, supervising their behavior and enforcing district standards of conduct on the bus
5. Remain alert to physical and emotional needs of students
6. Maintain records of attendance, including any observed injuries or health conditions of students
7. Demonstrate knowledge of state and federal laws for transporting students with special needs
8. Assist in conducting mandatory evacuation drills
9. Administer CPR and First Aid when necessary
10. Report student concerns to the bus driver or transportation supervisor, and when needed to the school staff, school nurse, psychologist, special services personnel
11. Maneuver wheelchairs up ramps, over curbs and inside of bus without assistance
12. Respond to requests for back up assistance
13. Operate variety of lift mechanisms
14. Assist with maintenance of interior and exterior of bus
15. React professionally in an emergency.
16. Submit to random, periodic and post-accident drug/alcohol testing.
17. Attend and participate in department meetings and training.
18. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
19. Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
20. Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
21. Maintain punctual and regular attendance
22. Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
2. Must be 21 years of age
3. Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification
4. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. One year experience assisting student preferred
2. Ability to assist students with disabilities in loading, transferring, securing and unloading
1.Must possess the ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, administrators, faculty, staff and the general public.
2. Ability to read and interpret written information related to the job
1. Must possess general knowledge in the use of office machines and computers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be in good physical health and have the ability to stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, or lift weights in excess of 50 pounds.
2. Frequently stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions
3. Prolonged periods sitting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to perform duties in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
2. Noise level is moderate to loud
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 3459