Classified: Bookstore Clerk
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
Performs a variety of clerical duties including cashiering and assisting in the operations of the Campus bookstore
Stocks and sells bookstore supplies to students.
Assists with ordering, receiving, identifying, issuing, collecting and taking inventory of all textbooks and workbooks
Issues textbooks and other materials as needed
Handles and accounts for such items as student debts and fees, yearbook sales, athletic fees, etc.
Cashiers and accounts for receipts of student activities monies and makes daily bank deposits
Assists with student registration. Takes all monies for fees and supplies, issues lockers, makes student I.D’s, assigns books if needed, helps in finding bus schedules, etc.
Completes the process of student withdrawal reports; checks textbooks back in, collects debts, cleans lockers, etc.
Prepares cash boxes for all home activities; games, school plays, lunch pizza sales, accounts for all money made and deposits into club accounts
Empties lockers, removes locks at the end of the school year, replaces locks on lockers before school resumes
Receives all deliveries for Teachers and Staff, maintains purchase orders and takes inventory on items received, attaches packing lists or invoices, also keeps track of any items not received or on back order, follows through in making sure to call company and have it sent or credited
Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Perform other related duties as assigned
|Classified: Bookstore Clerk||JobID: 3456|
JOB DESCRIPTION – Clerk
TITLE: Bookstore Clerk FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 203 days
COMPENSATION: Classified Non Exempt Compensation Guide (Starting at $15.23/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Must have one-year clerical experience, preferably in a school setting
3. Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner
4. Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with the general public
5. Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its philosophy
6. Must be organized and able to work independently
1. Must possess the ability to work in cooperation with students and staff
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Must possess ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, administrators, faculty,
staff and general public
4. Bilingual communication is beneficial
1. Must possess the ability to operate standard office machines including typewriter, cash register, calculator, and computer terminal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to push, pull, or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
2. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
3. Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, sit
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 3456