Classified: Administrative Assistant II
- Classified: Administrative Assistant II JobID: 3217
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Organize, coordinate and schedule a variety of office activities to assist the Executive Director of Student Services and other administrators in the department with tasks, prepare and accurately maintain a variety of reports, records, and files relating to students, operations, and activities.
- To perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties and to maintain good public relations with students, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
- Organize, coordinate, schedule and attend long-term hearings
- Point of Contact for the Trust; maintain incident claims for automobiles, property, and general liability
- Provide information concerning school policies, procedures, actions, activities, and schedules as appropriate
- Handles a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials for the administrative office pertaining to parents, students, and staff; maintains confidentiality of information.
- Maintains appropriate files as required
- Orders necessary supplies and inputs purchase requisitions
- Prepares a variety of fiscal and statistical reports
- Handles routine correspondence
- Formats the District’s Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook
- Participates in local meetings or workshops when requested
- Creates reports and tracks students regarding programs, discipline, attendance, etc.
- Generates statistical charts/graphs for various state reports, and for use by site principals and District Office
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
TITLE: Administrative Assistant II (Student Support Services) FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 261 days
COMPENSATION: Grade M ($19.96/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Must possess expert skills in secretarial techniques and keep abreast of current trends in correspondence, word usage, and punctuation
2. Record keeping technique
3. Prefer a minimum of three years secretarial experience, preferably working in a school district setting
4. Experience dealing effectively with matters of confidentiality
5. Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner
6. Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with the general public
1. Bilingualism in Spanish is beneficial in this position
2. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing
1. Must possess a thorough knowledge in the use of office machines, computers, and Microsoft
Office Publications (Google, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
2. Must have ability to use or to learn to use student information system software as well as other software necessary for the department
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to lift 15 pounds
2. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel for inventory
3. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. May occasionally be required to perform work functions and work outside of normal working hours
2. Must be able to tolerate a semi- private working environment
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.