Classified: Administrative Assistant II -Human Resource (HR)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of duties requiring knowledge related to the function and administration of the Human Resources office while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
Greets and assists parents, employees and public; provides appropriate information and/or direction
Answers phones, screens and directs calls
Schedules appointments as requested
Responds to routine inquiries regarding pay rates, benefits and employment (e.g., the application process, job qualifications requirements, and required documentation), maintains and distributes a list of job openings and closing dates
Responds to correspondence and prepares reports as requested (e.g., responds to employment verification requests)
Assists volunteers, student teachers, employees in completing Human Resources documents
Assists with office mailings
Prepares office reports as requested
Provides backup in the District receptionist's absence
Maintains all office supplies and processes requisitions for supplies
Assists in preparing personnel folders for new hires and/or exiting employees
Assists with filing all personnel documents
Manages job postings in printed and electronic format and internet
Assists with tracking of all application materials
Assists with filing of the Recommendation to Hire Summary Sheets
Assists with maintaining a database for tracking all employee evaluations
Assists with maintaining a database of volunteers and status
Assists with input of employee maintenance into VISIONS
Monitors and notifies supervisors of 30 day probationary period evaluation for new classified employees
Monitors and maintains a file of all completed employee annual evaluations returned to Human Resources. Notifies supervisors regarding evaluation due date
Assists with collection and filing of appropriate employment paperwork for contract and notice of appointments; fingerprinting, and applications
Provides assistance regarding Frontline (Absence Management and Recruiting and Hiring).
Assists with background checks regarding substitutes
Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Performs other job-related duties as assigned including but not limited to: assisting parents, employees and the public who request service in the Human Resources Department
Two years of clerical experience and knowledge of general office practices and procedures, some experience in a personnel office is preferred
|Classified: Administrative Assistant II -Human Resource (HR)||JobID: 3507|
JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant II
TITLE: Administrative Assistant II (Human Resources) FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 261 days
COMPENSATION: Classified Non Exempt Compensation Guide (Starting at $20.48/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; associates degree is preferable.
2. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
2. Must possess ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, administrators, faculty, staff and general public
3. Ability to acquire and apply information in related references (e.g., Governing Board policies and regulations, HR procedures).
4. Must be self-directed and capable of working in a collaborative decision-making management system.
5. Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
6. Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner.
7. Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with the general public.
8. Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its philosophy.
1. Biliterate/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Ability to operate computer hardware and software in use in Human Resources at time of and adopted after hire (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, VISIONS, and iVISIONS).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
2. Ability to regularly push, pull or lift weights up to 15 pounds
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust
4. Regular talking and listening is required
5. Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, sit
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to tolerate a semi- private working environment
2. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 3507