Classified: Accounting Specialist
- Position Type:
Business Services/Accounting Specialist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
01/08/2024   Additional Information:
Processes Accounts Payable
Process checks as received
Reconcile account statement
Assemble and review invoices to be completed for payment
Maintain copies of vouchers, in voices or correspondence necessary for files
File and maintain records
Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors
Follow-up with vendors and end users who have open purchase orders
Maintains knowledge of Arizona Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR)
Assist in the effective administration of the AFUHS District’s financial accounting operations.
Assists in District’s financial audits
Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge of and/or experience in a school business office environment; knowledge of fiscal procedures preferred.
Knowledge of USFR and Chart of Accounts preferred.
|Classified: Accounting Specialist||JobID: 3641|
JOB DESCRIPTION: Accounting Specialist
TITLE: Accounting Specialist FTE: 1.0
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 261 days
COMPENSATION: Classified Non Exempt Compensation Guide (Starting at $20.48/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Education / Certificate
1. Associate’s Degree or equivalent accounting experience
2. Must have and maintain a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Bilingual communication is beneficial.
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and standard business equipment.
2. Knowledge of computerized accounting software; knowledge of Visions software preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
2. Ability to regularly push, pull or lift weights up to 15 pounds
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
4. Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, sit
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to tolerate a semi-private working environment
2. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting and computer work
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.