Certified Teacher | Mathematics
- Certified Teacher | Mathematics JobID: 1936
- Position Type:
Certified Teaching/Secondary Education/Mathematics
- Date Posted:
Canyon View High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO.: GCA
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1 of 1
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Teacher (Certified Compensation Guide)
I. General Description:
The teacher serves as the instruction leader of the students. The teacher displays an interest in the welfare of the students and the school’s educational program; exercises a high degree of imagination, ingenuity and creativity; exhibits professionalism and develops a high degree of selfdirection; has excellent communication skills; and displays a sense of humor.
1. The teacher must have a valid Arizona teaching certificate for the position to which the individual is assigned.
2. The teacher must have a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
3. The teacher must possess either a Provisional SEI endorsement, a full ESL endorsement, or a full Bilingual endorsement.
4. The teacher must be highly qualified in the core content for the position to which the individual is assigned.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Creates and designs lesson plans, instruction, and assessment aligned to Arizona Academic Standards.
2. Communicates with parents in a timely manner.
3. Presents accurate information.
4. Is high qualified to teach the content area.
5. Uses content material appropriate to students, content area, and academic standards.
6. Uses resource materials, procedures, and models related to the lesson.
7. Deals with students in a fair and impartial manner, promoting positive self-image/concept.
8. Models, requires, and promotes a feeling of mutual respect and courtesy.
9. Creates an atmosphere conducive to verbal and or nonverbal activity.
10. Provides constructive feedback/criticism to students.
11. Follows a logical sequence of instruction.
12. Plans instruction and activities which address identified objective.
13. Relates and or integrates materials to other disciplines.
14. Organize resources to facilitate the achievement of objective.
15. Provides focus for the students at the beginning of lessons.
16. Obtains responses, assesses learning, and adjusts instruction in order to provide students the best opportunity for academic success.
17. Provides opportunities for students to practice concept skills.
18. Utilizes a variety of techniques and methods to provide instruction at higher levels of thinking.
19. Communicates expectations for appropriate classroom behavior.
20. Ensures that students are supervised at all times
21. Keeps accurate grade and attendance records
22. Models professionalism through speech, dress, and actions.
23. Adheres to Arizona Department of Education and District policies, rules, and regulations
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
IV. Status: Certified Contract
Job Reference #: 1936