- Career Specialist JobID: 2744
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Career Specialist
- Date Posted:
Canyon View High School
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess experience with computer technology and information systems.
- Ability to work with students, parents, and educators in developing educational plans.
- Ability to meet schedules, deadlines, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to create displays, prepare materials and promote career centered school events.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work position-related evening events.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Collaborates with site leadership, counselors and teachers on the development of Advisory lessons that prepare students to be college and career ready as defined by the AFUHSD College-Career-Readiness-Index.
- Maintains a career folder for students interested in college/career/scholarships.
- Conducts personal interviews with each senior regarding post-secondary plans.
- Schedules visits for 2/4 year college recruiters technical/vocational schools and Armed Services.
- Assists teachers with scheduling classes into the Career Center.
- Collaborates with counselors and administration in the development and review of ECAP’s for all students beginning freshman year.
- Assists students with financial aid, scholarship, college, career and testing information.
- Administers career inventory tests.
- Researches, markets, and publicizes scholarship opportunities for students.
- Collects completed scholarships, reviews and prepares for mailing.
- Schedules scholarship interviews for local scholarships.
- Organizes College Visitation Day, Financial Aid Night, and other opportunities for students and families to successfully complete college, scholarship and financial aid applications.
- Assists with College and Career Night.
- Works with school and community to coordinate the Honors Assembly.
- Collaborates with guidance counselors to ensure that students are participating in experiences that prepare them to be college and career ready as defined by the AFUHSD College-Career-Readiness-Index.
- Collaborates with guidance counselors and teachers to increase the number of students applying for post-secondary learning experiences.
- Prepares Monthly Scholarship Newsletter and updates for daily announcements.
- Keeps College and Career Center updated with current college/career information.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNON HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDABoard Policy and District Procedures
Position Description: Career SpecialistSalary: $15.84
Work Calendar: 10-month (198 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
The Career Specialist will organize, maintain and operate the site Career Center where students, teachers, and parents may access college, vocational and technological information and resources. The Career Specialist will work with counselors to develop and maintain a wide variety of career materials.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt