Campus Security Monitor
- Campus Security Monitor JobID: 2431
- Position Type:
Security/Campus Security Monitor
- Date Posted:
Verrado High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalency.
- Must possess some knowledge or training in security procedures and practices.
- Must possess excellent physical agility or mobility.
- Must possess a high degree of maturity and exercise good judgment.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver license.
- Must pass an extensive background check.
- Must have ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships with high school students.
- Must possess knowledge of standard office machines, including computers.
- Bi-literate/bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Monitors unauthorized persons for questioning, routes, or detains them and/or calls administration/police for assistance according to emergency action plan.
- Patrols campus for potential dangers such as fires, prowlers, vandals, or other unusual occurrences.
- Assists in supervision of ISC class, as needed.
- Makes periodic inspection of buildings to check locks, windows, and general security.
- Maintains accessibility to students and others in emergencies.
- Consults with administration regarding discipline, attendance, and behavioral problems of students both on and off campus
- Assists in the enforcement of school/district rules and regulations, and follows procedures in security manual.
- Monitors rest rooms, bus loading areas, locker bays, and other assigned areas.
- Supervises all lockers including periodic locker inspections, assists with changing locker combinations and cleaning out lockers at year end.
- Provides security and supervision at extracurricular activities and events when needed.
- Transports students as directed to/from Health Center and Discipline office.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1 of 1
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Campus Security Monitor
Work Calendar: 10-month (192 days)
Hours per Day: 8
This position ensures the safest educational facility for students and staff possible, and protects school owned property from vandalism or loss. The security monitor reports disorders, irregularities, or infractions of school policies, rules, and regulations of student activity on school campuses.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt