- Bookstore Manager JobID: 2609
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Bookstore Manager
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent and two years of experience in bookkeeping or sales preferred.
- Must possess ability to operate cash register, calculator, and computer; a working knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- Must possess necessary managerial and organizational skills while working with patrons, students and staff of the district.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, identifying, issuing, collecting, and taking inventory of all textbooks and workbooks.
- Keeps accurate records and ledgers and is responsible for all receipts and disbursements of monies from student activity and auxiliary funds.
- Prepares summaries and reports on daily, monthly, and annual basis or as required.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Issues all checks from student activity and auxiliary operations accounts, as required.
- Issues and accounts for all cash boxes needed for extra-curricular activities and fund raising projects.
- Accounts for purchase orders as required and troubleshoots discrepancies with vendors and resolves disputes in a timely manner.
- Assists in the organization and supervision of student registration and check-out procedures as well as other yearly activities.
- Purchases, receives, stores, sells, and accounts for student school supplies and locks; maintains records of student loans, grants, and scholarships; handles and accounts for the sales for such items as yearbooks, photos, caps/gowns, rings, and game tickets; stores and handles fund-raising project supplies for various organizations, maintains and issues parking stickers.
- Prepares records for audit.
- Assists in emptying lockers, removes and replaces locks as needed.
- Reconciles student activities account balances and tracks progress of fundraisers.
- Receives and deposits extra-curricular tax credit funds.
- Supervises and trains new employees.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNON HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
Position Description: Bookstore ManagerGrade: P
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To plan and direct the operations of the high school bookstores performing work under general direction, while carrying out school policies and procedures and to comply with rules and regulations set forth by the Uniform System of Financial Records.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt