- Bookstore-Clerk JobID: 2944
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Clerk- Bookstore
- Date Posted:
Canyon View High School   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have one-year clerical experience, preferably in a school setting.
- Must possess the ability to work in cooperation with students and staff.
- Must possess ability to operate standard office machines including typewriter, cash register, calculator, and computer terminal.
- Must be able to push, pull, or lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Stocks and sells bookstore supplies to students.
- Assists with ordering, receiving, identifying, issuing, collecting and taking inventory of all textbooks and workbooks.
- Issues textbooks and other materials as needed
- Handles and accounts for such items as student debts and fees, yearbook sales, athletic fees, etc.
- Cashiers and accounts for receipts of student activities monies and makes daily bank deposits.
- Assists with student registration. Takes all monies for fees and supplies, issues lockers, makes student I.D’s, assigns books if needed, helps in finding bus schedules, etc.
- Completes the process of student withdrawal reports; checks textbooks back in, collects debts, cleans lockers, etc.
- Prepares cash boxes for all home activities; games, school plays, lunch pizza sales, accounts for all money made and deposits into club account.
- Empties lockers, removes locks at the end of the school year, replaces locks on lockers before school resumes.
- Receives all deliveries for Teachers and Staff, maintains purchase orders and takes inventory on items received, attaches packing lists or invoices, also keeps track of any items not received or on back order, follows through in making sure to call company and have it sent or credited.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TITLE: Bookstore Clerk
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURS PER DAY: 8
WORK CALENDAR: 203 Days
Hourly Rate: $15.23
I. General Description:
Performs a variety of clerical duties including cashiering and assisting in the operations of the Campus bookstore.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
GBA – EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. The District expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.