- Attendance Specialist JobID: 2656
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of general clerical experience in a school setting preferred.
- Must possess a background and experience in computer operations.
- Must possess skills in general office procedures and ability to type accurately.
- Must possess ability to operate standard office equipment including computers.
- Must possess an ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Bi-literate/bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Classifies, codes, records, and maintains student information and daily attendance records on the computer.
- Compiles data, attendance reports, lists, and routine correspondence to the State Department of Education and other authorized persons.
- Communicates with parents regarding inquiries and provides information related to school attendance policies and procedures.
- Contacts parents, by phone or mail, regarding student absences..
- Performs receptionist duties and other general clerical duties, as necessary.
- Runs student attendance profiles on request.
- Prepares reports as requested by school and department personnel and the District Office.
- Prepares ADA, ADM and absenteeism reports as requested.
- Distribute materials dropped off for students in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Attendance Specialist
Work Calendar: 10-month
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
This position involves duties related to the maintenance of school attendance records. Work is performed under moderate supervision.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt