- Assistant Principal JobID: 2104
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Verrado High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Minimum of an earned master’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably with the completion of the equivalent of one year of graduate work beyond the master’s degree; course work must include administration, supervision, leadership and secondary school curriculum.
- Valid Arizona Department of Education principal certification.
- Minimum of five years of experience in secondary education, at least three of which shall be in the classroom; participation in an administrative internship program and/or successful experiences in various leadership roles in the high school.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively with groups and individuals; demonstrated skills in organizing ideas and presenting them with clarity and conciseness; creative and imaginative approach to problem solving; ability to make sound decisions and withstand pressures.
- Strong writing, literacy and communication skills.
- Exceptional professional role model.
- Leadership skills supporting the planning and implementation of short and long-range site and District goals.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Observes, supervises and assists with the evaluation of the performance of teachers and classified personnel.
- Assists and supports teachers in developing and maintaining student self-discipline and appropriate classroom management; assists and supports teachers and other staff members in matters of student attendance and guidance.
- Assists with professional development and the development of strategies and programs involving technology, innovations, content standards, and methodology for the improvement of instruction and student learning.
- Coordinates with Educational Services, site principals and department chairs to ensure implementation of Professional Learning Communities according to PLC definitions, District/site established parameters, and non-negotiables.
- Monitors and verifies PLC weekly meetings with set agendas and protocols as established by District and site.
- Coordinates with Educational Services, site principals and department chairs to ensure the implementation of Extended Learning Opportunity time and that this time has an academic focus for every child.
- Collaborates with Educational Services, site principals and teachers to develop, monitor and adjust interventions and advancement structures and strategies that meet the academic needs of the students.
- Responsible for ensuring that all incoming freshmen are assessed to ascertain if there is an intervention need in Read 180 or Algebra Extensions.
- Responsible for enforcing the “no opt-out” policy for interventions.
- Coordinates and oversees the District Professional Development Committee.
- Coordinates efforts to improve student participation and performance in Advanced Placement programs.
- Collaborates with Accountability/Accreditation department to ensure focus on results-driven planning and decision-making through the development and implementation of common formative assessments and district-wide data analysis protocols.
- Collaborates with site administrative team, site department chairs, teachers, stakeholders to develop and implement strategies and action steps aligned to the District’s strategic plan to improve student achievement. Strategies and action steps shall be data-based and results-driven.
- Assists in the development of the master schedule of class offerings, staffing, and room assignments.
- Stays abreast of modern trends in education through study, observation, school visitations, and attendance at educational workshops and/or conferences.
- Maintains close relationships with the parents and patrons of the District; emphasizes positive public relations; assists in the organization of and attends a variety of public functions.
- Assists with the supervision of students in the classroom, cafeteria and restrooms, on campus, attendance and curse’s office, and in surrounding areas; ensures positive student behavior at all times, and ensures staff, student and school safety
- Assists with student attendance and discipline; prepares documentation for and participates in student attendance and student disciplinary hearings.
- Assists in the coordination of site testing, mid-term, and end of course assessments.
- Helps to coordinate and supervise school activities; assists in the organization and supervision of activities such as the prom, Honors Assembly programs, and all events and activities associated with senior graduation.
- Assists in the process of student registration and check out.
- Assumes administrative leadership of curricular departments as assigned.
- Maintains compliance regarding federal and Arizona Department of Education teacher certification and highly qualified status.
- Prepares reports as requested.
- Attends meetings, advises and approves various requests for assigned departments.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of the student handbook and supervises its distribution to all members of the student body.
- Assists with the supervision of substitute teachers on campus.
- Attends Governing Board meetings as requested.
- Completes necessary school, district, state and federal reports as assigned.
- Maintains a welcoming atmosphere for staff, parents, students, and community.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student, staff, parent and school issues.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Assistant Principal: Curriculum / Instruction / Assessment / Student Services
(Administrative Compensation Guide)
(Administrative Compensation Guide)
The Assistant Principal administers District curriculum, instruction, assessment and student services initiatives. The Assistant Principal assists the Principal in the organization, direction, administration, supervision and evaluation of the school facilities, programs and activities (curricular and extracurricular), and personnel to ensure compliance with policies and procedures prescribed by federal law, the State of Arizona, the Agua Fria Union High School Governing Board, and the Superintendent. The Assistant Principal supports the Superintendent’s implementation of and promotes the educational philosophy, vision, mission and goals of the District. The Assistant Principal provides leadership in developing and maintaining the best possible educational programs and environment for teaching and student learning. The site Principal determines specific areas of responsibility for each Assistant Principal.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
Status Certified/Exempt ?Administrative Evaluation
?Reports directly to Principal
?Support from Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services, Directors and Cabinet