Administrative Assistant I
- Administrative Assistant I JobID: 3075
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by appropriate business courses.
- Must possess expert skills in secretarial techniques, and keep abreast of current trends in correspondence, word usage, and punctuation.
- Must complete a series of secretarial tests with a high degree of proficiency.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge in the use of office machines, and personal computers.
- Must possess the ability to use or learn to use student information system software.
- Must possess a minimum of three years secretarial experience, preferably working in a school district setting.
- Must possess ability to learn and use Galileo program, student information system, automated substitute system and other programs as required.
- Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its philosophy.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner.
- Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with the general public.
- Must have and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Helps process all discipline referrals, correspondence and other needed documents.
- Processes all documents within the department for curriculum orders, travel arrangements, scheduling of AIMS tests and End of Course Assessments.
- Generates and provides data and reports in formats needed for analysis by various school and district committees and departments.
- Receives visitors, answers and screens telephone calls and provides information as appropriate, and explains general school policies and procedures in a pleasant and welcoming manner.
- Handles a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials for the Assistant Principal’s office pertaining to parents, students, and staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Maintains appropriate files as required.
- Assists with maintenance of Assistant Principal’s calendar and assists in scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in providing assistance for administrators, staff members, teachers, and students.
- Prepares a variety of fiscal and statistical reports as requested.
- Assists with data collection, organization and presentation.
- Maintains and distributes teaching supplies to teachers and staff, as needed.
- Prepares a variety of statistical reports as needed.
- Coordinates internal teacher class coverage and maintains related time sheets.
- Provides teacher substitutes with lesson plans and classroom keys, maintains substitute time sheets and forwards necessary information to payroll.
- Processes and mails suspension letters.
- Provides back-up assistance to attendance as needed.
- Makes general public address announcements.
- Provides back-up assistance in office when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant I- School SiteGrade: F ($16.16)
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties and to maintain good public relations with students, parents, staff and the general public.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
III. Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
FLSA – Non-Exempt