Administrative Assistant I- School Site
- Administrative Assistant I- School Site JobID: 2161
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Millennium High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by appropriate business courses.
- Must possess expert skills in secretarial techniques, and keep abreast of current trends in correspondence, word usage, and punctuation.
- Must complete a series of secretarial tests with a high degree of proficiency.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge in the use of office machines, and personal computers.
- Must possess the ability to use or learn to use student information system software.
- Must possess a minimum of three years secretarial experience, preferably working in a school district setting.
- Must be familiar with Arizona Interscholastic Association guidelines and school eligibility.
- Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its philosophy.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner.
- Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with the general public.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Maintains athletic budget and purchase order requests.
- Processes all documents within the department for equipment orders, travel arrangements, meal arrangements, and lodging arrangements for Athletic Director, coaches, and athletic teams.
- Receives visitors, answers and screens telephone calls and provides information as appropriate, and explains general school policies and procedures in a pleasant and welcoming manner.
- Handles a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials for the Assistant Principal/ Athletic Director’s office pertaining to parents, students, and staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Maintains appropriate files as required.
- Assists with maintenance of Assistant Principal/ Athletic Director’s calendar and assists in scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Arranges game duty assignments.
- Assists with the processing of PAR’s and addenda for all extracurricular assignments, and collects all appropriate paid duty signatures for submission to HR and payroll.
- Assists with maintenance of Assistant Principal/Athletic Director’s calendar and assists in scheduling appointments and meetings. Performs a variety of clerical duties; provides assistance for administrators, staff, coaches and students; orders necessary supplies for the Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
- Prepares a variety of fiscal and statistical reports as requested.
- Prepares and distributes transportation schedules for all athletic trips.
- Informs all concerned personnel of changes in athletic schedules during the school year.
- Insures the hospitality of officials for all athletic contests.
- Places calls to confirm officials on game day.
- Collects, reviews and maintains all student athletic packets for eligibility for participation in sports, spirit line, and other required venues. Works closely with bookstore regarding participation fee tracking. All participation must meet AIA and District guidelines.
- Collects, reviews and maintains verification of coaches’ completion of required courses and certifications per AIA and District guidelines
- Communicates with coaches regarding the planning of awards presentations to honor athletes during the school year including:
- Keeps team rosters current.
- Assists in processing discipline referrals, correspondence and other needed documents when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant I- School SiteGrade: K
Work Calendar: 12-month
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To perform a wide variety of clerical duties and to maintain good public relations with students, parents, coaches, staff and the general public, and to assist the Athletic Director with all areas of responsibility.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
B. assurance that awards and letters are available for presentations, and
C. arrangements with cafeteria and maintenance personnel.
20. Communicates with all opposing schools regarding upcoming athletic events.
21. Prepares and mails correspondence to parents regarding athletic information.
FLSA – Non-Exempt