Administrative Assistant I- District
- Administrative Assistant I- District JobID: 1951
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by appropriate business courses and/or workshops to enhance skills.
- Must possess expert skills in secretarial techniques, and keep abreast of current trends in correspondence, word usage, and punctuation.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge in the use of office machines, computers, and Microsoft Office Suite Professional (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, One Note).
- Must possess a minimum of five years secretarial experience, preferably working in a school district setting.
- Must possess a loyalty to the school district and its vision and mission.
- Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Must possess a pleasant personality and telephone manner.
- Must possess an ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff, and the general public.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions and work outside of normal working hours.
- Must have ability to use or to learn to use student information system software as well as other software necessary to state required testing, benchmark testing, and End of Course Assessments, as well as state and federal reporting.
- Bilingual/biliterate in Spanish/English preferred.
- Handles a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials for the administrative office pertaining to parents, students, and staff; maintains confidentiality of information.
- Maintains appropriate files as required.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in providing assistance to the Executive Director of Accountability/Accreditation and the Director of Assessment/Data Management.
- Orders necessary supplies and inputs purchase requisitions for Accountability/Accreditation department.
- Formats and prepares various training and informational materials.
- Participates in local meetings or workshops at ADE when requested by supervisor.
- Creates reports and track students regarding programs, testing, demographics, etc.
- Generates statistical charts/graphs for various reports.
- Prepares a variety of fiscal and statistical reports.
- Assists with preparation and update of District Strategic Plan document.
- Assists with preparation and update of District Annual Report.
- Assists with data collection for mandated reports and department materials (such as the Office of Civil Rights report).
- Assists with the preparation of testing schedules.
- Assists with staff training where requested.
- Assists with District AdvancED accreditation process.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state laws and regulations, and District policy.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant I- District
Accountability & Accreditation
Work Calendar: 12-month
Hours Per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties and to maintain good public relations with students, parents, staff and the general public.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
IV. Reports To: Executive Director of Accountability and Accreditation
FLSA – Non-Exempt