Administration | Assistant Principal / Athletic Director / Student Services (Multiple Openings)
- Administration | Assistant Principal / Athletic Director / Student Services (Multiple Openings) JobID: 2010
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Minimum of an earned master’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably with the completion of the equivalent of one year of graduate work beyond the master’s degree; course work must include administration, supervision, leadership and secondary school curriculum.
- Valid Arizona Department of Education principal or superintendent certification.
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Card.
- Minimum of five years of experience in secondary education, at least three of which shall be in the classroom; participation in an administrative internship program and/or successful experiences in various leadership roles in the high school.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a coach
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively with groups and individuals; demonstrated skills in organizing ideas and presenting them with clarity and conciseness; creative and imaginative approach to problem solving; ability to make sound decisions and withstand pressures.
- Strong writing, literacy and communication skills.
- Exceptional professional role model.
- Leadership skills supporting the planning and implementation of short and long-range site and District goals.
- First Aid/CPR certification; verification of NFHS Coach Education Program or approved equivalent; verification of Concussion in Sports class and test score.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Observes, supervises and assists with the evaluation of the performance of teachers and classified personnel.
- Assists and supports teachers in developing and maintaining student self-discipline and appropriate classroom management; assists and supports teachers and other staff members in matters of student attendance and guidance.
- Stays abreast of modern trends in education through study, observation, school visitations, and attendance at educational workshops and/or conferences.
- Maintains close relationships with the parents and patrons of the District; emphasizes positive public relations; assists in the organization of and attends a variety of public functions.
- Assists with professional development. Provide site-level support for the implementation of Professional Learning Communities according to PLC definitions, District/site established parameters, and non-negotiables.
- Monitor and verify PLC weekly meetings with set agendas and protocols as established by District and site.
- Collaborate with your administrative team to ensure the implementation of Extended Learning Opportunity time and that this time has an academic focus for every child.
- Collaborate with Educational Services, site principals and teachers to develop, monitor and adjust interventions and advancement structures and strategies that meet the academic needs of the students.
- Support the enforcement of the “no opt-out” policy for interventions.
- Collaborate with your site administrative team to ensure focus on results-driven planning and decision-making through the development and implementation of common formative assessments and district-wide data analysis protocols.
- Collaborate with site administrative team, site department chairs, teachers, and stakeholders to develop and implement strategies and action steps aligned to the District’s strategic plan to improve student achievement. Strategies and action steps shall be data-based and results-driven.
- Assists in the development of the master schedule of class offerings, staffing, and room assignments.
- Responsible for school safety and supervision of students on campus and surrounding areas; ensures positive student behavior.
- Assists with student attendance and discipline; prepares documentation for and participates in student attendance and student disciplinary hearings.
- Helps to coordinate and supervise school activities; assists in the organization and supervision of activities such as the prom, Honors Assembly programs, and all events and activities associated with senior graduation.
- Assists in the process of student registration and check out.
- Develops all athletic/activity schedules and distributes schedules to appropriate personnel, community and media; oversees transportation preparation/scheduling for all athletic/activity field trips; prepares and disseminates contest contracts, as required; prepares and maintains the master calendar for the school and coordinates the dates of all activities.
- Responsible for game management for all athletic events; arranges for hospitality for officials at all home athletic contests.
- Responsible for the eligibility of all participating students in athletic and extracurricular activities according to AIA and District policies.
- Responsible for the eligibility of all coaches and volunteers according to AIA and District policies, including First Aid/CPR certification; verification of NFHS Coach Education Program or approved equivalent; verification of Concussion in Sports class and test score.
- Ensures adult supervision of all evening activities for students and arranges for necessary security where needed.
- Coordinates the athletic physical examination schedules with appropriate personnel.
- Oversees the planning of athletic/activity award presentations.
- Interviews applicants for coaching positions and makes recommendations to the Principal for the hiring of coaches; evaluates coaches annually.
- Prepares the athletic budget; responsible for uniform replacement, equipment replacement, and inventory control.
- Completes necessary reports on athletics/activities and ensures adequate publicity of school events.
- Oversees the bookstore. Reviews athletic, club and student activity accounts to ensure all are positive and expenditures are fiscally responsible.
- Submits a yearly written evaluation of the athletic program and facilities to the Principal with recommendations for improvement.
- Attends Governing Board and other meetings as requested.
- Assumes administrative leadership of curricular departments as assigned; assists with the supervision of substitute teachers on campus.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of the student handbook.
- Completes necessary school, district, state and federal reports as assigned.
- Maintains a welcoming atmosphere for staff, parents, students, and community.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student, staff, parent and school issues.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Assistant Principal / Athletic Director / Student Services (Multiple Openings)I. General Description:
(Administrative Compensation Guide)
(Administrative Compensation Guide)
The Assistant Principal/Athletic Director administers District curriculum, instruction, assessment and student services initiatives. The Assistant Principal assists the Principal in the organization, direction, administration, supervision and evaluation of the school facilities, programs and activities (curricular and extracurricular), and personnel to ensure compliance with policies and procedures prescribed by federal law, the State of Arizona, the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA), the Agua Fria Union High School Governing Board, and the Superintendent. The Assistant Principal supports the Superintendent’s implementation of and promotes the educational philosophy, vision, mission and goals of the District. The Assistant Principal provides leadership in developing and maintaining the best possible educational programs, student activities, athletic programs, and positive environment for teaching and student learning. The site Principal determines specific areas of responsibility for each Assistant Principal.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
Status Certified/Exempt Administrative Evaluation
Reports directly to Principal
Support from Directors and Cabinet
Job Reference #: 2010