- Accountant JobID: 2774
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
07/16/2021   Additional Information:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent accounting experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or three to four years’ experience in a school business office environment; knowledge of fiscal procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and standard business equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software; knowledge of Visions software preferred.
- Knowledge of USFR and Chart of Accounts preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual/bilterate in Spanish/English preferred.
- Reconciles District checking accounts
- Maintains District’s general fixed asset database
- Manages grant budgets, drawdown of funds and all required state and federal grant reporting
- Prepares and processes journal entries
- Responsible for all revenue reconciliation to the County Treasurer and County School Office
- Tracks and maintains revenue database for miscellaneous revenues such as leases, gifts and donations, tax credit and any other special revenues
- Manages liability insurance claims and certificates of insurance request
- Assists in District’s financial audits
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Accountant
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description:
To assist in the effective administration of the AFUHS District’s financial accounting operations.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt