2022-2023 SY Certified Teacher | Social StudiesTeacher
- 2022-2023 SY Certified Teacher | Social StudiesTeacher JobID: 3173
- Position Type:
Certified Teaching/Secondary Education/Social Studies
- Date Posted:
Verrado High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- The teacher must have a valid Arizona teaching certificate for the position to which the individual is assigned.
- The teacher must have a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- The teacher must possess either a Provisional SEI endorsement, a full ESL endorsement, or a full Bilingual endorsement.
- The teacher must be highly qualified in the core content for the position to which the individual is assigned.
- Creates and designs lesson plans, instruction, and assessment aligned to Arizona Academic Standards.
- Communicates with parents in a timely manner.
- Presents accurate information.
- Is high qualified to teach the content area.
- Uses content material appropriate to students, content area, and academic standards.
- Uses resource materials, procedures, and models related to the lesson.
- Deals with students in a fair and impartial manner, promoting positive self-image/concept.
- Models, requires, and promotes a feeling of mutual respect and courtesy.
- Creates an atmosphere conducive to verbal and or nonverbal activity.
- Provides constructive feedback/criticism to students.
- Follows a logical sequence of instruction.
- Plans instruction and activities which address identified objective.
- Relates and or integrates materials to other disciplines.
- Organize resources to facilitate the achievement of objective.
- Provides focus for the students at the beginning of lessons.
- Obtains responses, assesses learning, and adjusts instruction in order to provide students the best opportunity for academic success.
- Provides opportunities for students to practice concept skills.
- Utilizes a variety of techniques and methods to provide instruction at higher levels of thinking.
- Communicates expectations for appropriate classroom behavior.
- Ensures that students are supervised at all times
- Keeps accurate grade and attendance records
- Models professionalism through speech, dress, and actions.
- Adheres to Arizona Department of Education and District policies, rules, and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Teacher
(Certified Compensation Guide)
Base Salary: $52,900 (w/Prop monies)
I. General Description:
The teacher serves as the instruction leader of the students. The teacher displays an interest in the welfare of the students and the school’s educational program; exercises a high degree of imagination, ingenuity and creativity; exhibits professionalism and develops a high degree of self-direction; has excellent communication skills; and displays a sense of humor.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
IV. Status: Certified Contract