Clerk | ESS
- Clerk | ESS JobID: 2713
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess ability to operate a computer and standard office machines.
- Must possess ability to use or learn to use Individual Education Plan (IEP) software.
- Must possess ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public.
- Biliterate/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
- Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Greets and assists students and parents entering the Special Education Office for registration.
- Provides information concerning programs and procedures to students, parents, and public according to prescribed protocol.
- Answers phones, screens calls, and relays messages to Special Education staff.
- Creates/maintains files of Special Education records for each student according to District protocol.
- Creates/maintains a database of all Special Education students at each school site and prepares reports as required.
- Assists with scheduling student/parent appointments, IEP’s and 504 meetings.
- Calls/researches other information on students new to school site.
- Translates for students and parents, (if bilingual) as needed.
- Assist teachers with meeting notices and documentation required for IEP and 504 meetings.
- Provides student’s teachers with individualized educational plans in order to assist with compliance.
- Secures timesheet signatures from paraprofessionals and department chair.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Prepares paraprofessional schedule.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Performs responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Maintains quality control of IEP’s before sending to District office.
- Processes teacher supply requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Clerk – ESSGrade: I
Work Calendar: 10-month (198 Days)
Hours per Day: 8
I. General Description;
To assist site staff and parents requesting service regarding Special Education records and students in program.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
FLSA – Non-Exempt