2020-2021 SY Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) ESS Department Chair
- 2020-2021 SY Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) ESS Department Chair JobID: 2386
- Position Type:
Certified Teaching/Secondary Education
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate in department content.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card (IVP).
- Minimum experience: three years teaching in their department content secondary program.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of curriculum needs and instructional strategies in department content area.
- Must possess ability to use or learn to use Individual Education Plan (IEP) software.
- Basic computer proficiency (email, internet, Microsoft Office).
- Recognized as an exemplary classroom teacher by supervisors and fellow teachers.
- Willingness to participate in professional development to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to be an educational leader.
- Must possess ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Possess expertise in the subject area.
- Demonstrate professional leadership within the department.
- Conduct regular monthly department meetings
- Act as the point person to coordinate services and transition with feeder schools.
- Assist teachers in department in performing their teaching and related duties.
- Oversee the Team Meeting process and adherence to Individual Education Plans based on eligibility guidelines and in accordance with Federal and State requirements; responsible for seeing that all timelines are met and all required paperwork is completed.
- Recognize that student learning must be the focus of all school programs and activities.
- Model effective instruction; provide on-going technical assistance; assist in strengthening lesson plans.
- Assist substitute teachers.
- Work cooperatively with site administrator and Director of ESS in the preparation of departmental assignments and schedules.
- Meet regularly with para educators to facilitate their success regarding assigned student and classroom duties.
- Maintain accountability for department expenditures, materials, and supplies.
- Provide leadership in articulation with other departments and schools.
- Coordinate special education services for the school.
- Ensure a sequential development of the department curriculum including the implementation and alignment of academic standards.
- Assist with course curriculum maps and end of course assessments for each subject taught within the department.
- Be responsible for the care and maintenance of department equipment; complete an annual inventory of the department’s non-expendable equipment.
- Encourage professional growth among department staff.
- Encourage the use of instructional aids that have proven beneficial in helping students.
- Provide professional development for teachers focusing on district initiatives including building academic vocabulary, formulating better questions, and developing formative assessments.
- Work in coordination with site administration regarding department supply budget.
- Attend professional development opportunities in the use of Galileo and assist in providing formative assessment training to department staff.
- Support District, school, department and individual teacher goals.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) ESS Department Chair
Certified Compensation Guide
Certified Compensation Guide
I. General Description:
Serve as the instructional leader of the department; assist department staff regarding curriculum, instructional strategies, use of data to determine student needs and increase student achievement; assist with professional development needs; disseminate department budget information, and work closely with the Director of ESS, Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Director of Assessment and Data, and the .
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Department
STATUS: Certified Employee