2019-2020 SY Instructional Coach
- 2019-2020 SY Instructional Coach JobID: 2051
- Position Type:
Certified Teaching/Secondary Education/Teacher Mentor
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate.
- Valid DPS Fingerprint Card
- A minimum of three (3) years successful 7-12 classroom teaching experience; five (5) years recommended.
- Master’s degree.
- Recognized as an exemplary classroom teacher by supervisors and fellow teachers.
- Exceptional professional role model.
- Willingness to participate in professional development to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to be an educative leader.
- Willingness to engage in and demonstrate formative assessment processes, including non-evaluative, reflective conversations with teachers about formative and summative assessment evidence.
- Skilled in interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in the effective use of instruction lf adult learners.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Possess expertise in the subject area.
- Demonstrate a desire to improve student performance.
- Collaborate and assist in planning for professional learning; plan and present professional development in collaboration with site and district administration.
- Mentor first and second year teachers.
- Supports teachers in the third year and beyond as requested.
- Model best practices in instructional delivery and provides best practices.
- Show consideration and respect for all persons.
- Share knowledge of instructional theory and district curriculum with teachers.
- Develop and model norms of collaboration, inquiry and on-going professional learning.
- Exhibit self-discipline.
- Support district, school, department and individual teacher goals.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO. GCA
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1 of 1
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Instructional Coach (Certified Compensation Guide)
The Instructional Specialist will assist with facilitation of professional development, coaching and mentoring, curriculum, instruction and assessment. The Instructional Specialist will work closely as a liaison between the teachers and the Principal and the teachers, the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, and the Executive Director of Educational Services to promote student achievement and improve instruction, contribute to improved student achievement through on-going collegial collaboration to ensure continued professional growth and retention of quality education professionals within the district. This specialist will possess expertise in the area of leadership and will be able to facilitate the learning of other educators.
III.Duties and Responsibilities:
SUPERVISION and EVALUATION: Building Administration
STATUS: Certified Contract